Friday

Chicken Cordon Bleu

"I'm proud to say that besides Bruce Hassler's idea of using Sun-dried tomato dressing as marinade, this is an Amy and Jason original. O.k., it's a simple recipe that didn't require very much thought, I'll admit. But, it may be the only recipe I'll ever help invent and besides being easy and quick to make, it really is delicious!!! So eat it up and nominate us for a recipe award in some magazine somewhere that wants original recipes in exchange for large sums of money... ur... uh... something. (Bruce, I'll give you a year supply of Kraft sun-dried tomato dressing when we win)."
-Amy Stanger

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Kraft sun-dried tomato dressing
Ham, cut in thin slices (I use sandwich meat)
Swiss cheese (8 thin slices)
Provolone cheese (8 thin slices)

Directions:
Marinate chicken in sun-dried tomato dressing for 1/2 hour. Cut breasts in halves and place each half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Place a slice of ham, Swiss, and provolone on each breast half. Fold the chicken over once and secure with wooden toothpicks. Put chicken in a casserole dish and squeeze sun-dried tomato dressing over it.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through but still tender.

No comments: