Thursday

Refried Beans

Ingredients:
Black or pinto beans
Water
1 can tomato sauce or tomato paste, small
Salt
Cheese, grated

Directions:
This is a recipe from my Mother-in-Law with a twist! This is another recipe where you can make as much or as little as you like. Here is how I do it, make it your own! I use 1 lb of black or pinto beans (or any other beans you would like to use) and rinse them and then put them in a crock pot full of water on high for 5-6 hours. When the beans are soft enough to squish with your finger, take them out and put them in a mixing bowl (dump the water out).

Add salt to taste, and a small can of tomato sauce or tomato paste (I have found they work about the same in this recipe). I use 2 of the smallest cans you can find, but you can use more to your liking.

Then I add about 3/4 C grated cheese. You can omit this if you like. I blend the beans and the ingredients together until smooth. You can put them in a blender or use a hand mixer. These are so easy and SO good! My family refuses to eat beans from a can now! We make these at least once a month and use them for tacos, Navajo tacos, dips, etc. Endless possibilities! Ty likes to eat them in the morning with tortillas and eggs.

No comments: