Wednesday

Cinnamon Rolls

"I made these and took them around to the college dorms and sold them for a buck a piece! This is how I earned my college fund and got lots of phone numbers! The cinnamon rolls were a hit!"
-Angie Elg & Annika Rau

Ingredients:
2 C hot water
2 T yeast
2/3 C powdered milk
1 T salt
1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1/3 C margarine (Annika uses unsalted butter)
7 C flour or as needed

Directions:
Let rise (Annika let's the dough rise a couple of times - just keep punching it down and make sure there is a damp towel on top of the dough so it doesn't get dry). Roll out. Smother the dough in butter! Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over dough. Roll up. Cut with floss. Put on cookie sheet and let rise until doubled in size. Bake at 350 until tops are slightly golden then frost! (The whipped cream cheese frosting from Albertson's is our favorite for this recipe!) (Annika's favorite is homemade cream cheese frosting)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are the most tasty cinnamon rolls ever and they bring back the funnest memories of first Annika and then Angie running around selling them at the student apartments with moma right by their sides! I loved helping them, we had so much fun and had lots of giggles and lots of smiles when the clean up was done! I love being the mother of these wonderful girls!