Sunday

Bran Muffins

"I like to make these for breakfast, but I end up eating them all day long, with a little butter in them. They taste nutritious but sweet enough for my kids to call them cupcakes"
-Emily Benedict
"It is so nice to jump up in the morning and fill the muffin tin and then put makeup on and smell the aroma of muffins! It warms every part of you and they are delicious!"
-Veanne Elg

Ingredients:
1/2 C shortening or oil
1 C sugar
2 eggs
2 C buttermilk
2 C Kellogg's All Bran
1 C Bran Flakes
1 C boiling water
2 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Pour boiling water over brans and let stand. Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs. Add buttermilk and bran. Sift in flour, salt, and baking soda. May refrigerate for as long as 6 weeks or bake immediatlely at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Yield 30 muffins. (I double this recipe)

No comments: